Being the most used substance in the world, people love concrete all over the world because of its numerous advantages. A good quality concrete gives strength and durability to the structure. It also enhances the lifespan of the structure because of the interestingly beneficial properties the concrete provides.
Properties Of The Concrete
Some of the properties of the concrete are as follows
- The making of concrete does not deplete the natural resources
- No toxic material is used to prepare it, keeping the environment clean and green
- It is easy to reuse the concrete
- Recycling the concrete saves the cost in the building projects
- It is energy efficient as it helps in maintaining the temperature inside the structure
- Concrete helps in conserving the energy as well
- It plays a huge role in protecting the environment from the dangers of pollution of various types.
But with the change in time, a large variety of concrete has occupied the market. It makes the decision tough while choosing the concrete for the different residential, industrial, and commercial construction projects. Therefore, to make it easier, have a look at such projects and the type of concrete used in them. It will surely help you to decide which one should you use in your construction project.
- Use Of Concrete In Commercial And Industrial Constructions
The needs of the different commercial and industrial structures are different. That is why, whatever type of concrete is chosen, it must suit those needs very well.
- Bridges, Dams, And Submerged Constructions
Construction of the structures that touches water or stay under it is considered as serious engineering projects. They require a lot of planning to deal with several issues that may occur in the future. Also, such constructions have a longer life than the ones that are built on the land. Therefore, to provide longer life to it, waterproof concrete is generally used in these projects.
- Constructions Like Factories And Industries
Think about the everyday working conditions in the factory. The things that will hit your mind are large pieces of machinery, lots of workers, and manufactured products. To bear the heavy weight of all of them, reinforced concrete is the best options.
There are many other reasons to pick reinforced concrete here. Some of the prominent ones are mentioned below.
- It provides properties of fire resistance to the buildings to cope up with the high temperatures inside the factory
- This concrete prevents the chemicals from damaging the structure
- Also, the reinforced concrete is low maintenance and prevents staining
Several other constructions with similar needs like the warehouse and the parking lots are also made up of reinforced concrete to support their requirements.
- Use Of Concrete In The Residential Construction Projects
Building a residential structure requires a lot of time and efforts. There are many challenges that you have to face apart from choosing the right variety of concrete. The concrete finishes also play a significant role here.
The contractors generally prefer ready-mix concrete in these outdoor structures like patios, driveways, stairs, countertops, and many others. It is a versatile building material which provides the necessary compressive strength of 400 psi to the structure. The reason behind this is such constructions experience extreme situations like heavy vehicle traffic, oil leakage, chemicals, etc. Therefore, it is clear that these structures are in need of a mix that offers benefits of low-permeability and also durability.
Although, a high-performance building material is expensive, which may raise the cost of the construction project, it will save the repair costs that people spend on cracks and other maintenance works. Indeed, it is an excellent value for money.
Therefore, if you are looking forward to buy high-quality concrete from a reliable company, you can navigate the internet to find the perfect one. There are lots of companies like RMS Concrete that offer concrete to the customers at affordable prices for the various residential and commercial purposes.
It is now clear that without concrete no construction is possible. Also, these details will clear your confusion regarding the type of concrete used in the different types of building projects.