The Integrated QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is a progressive version of the Diagnostic Tools released by QuickBooks to solve most company file and connection errors that could occur while updating or installing a patch for QuickBooks. It has been included in all the versions of QuickBooks that have been released post the year 2016.
What issues can the File Doctor help you with?
- Almost all the different errors that occur in company files.
- Most connectivity issues that occur with your network connection.
- The series of -6000 errors.
- -6150: Your installation files are corrupted.
- -6000 -82: You do not have appropriate access to your QuickBooks.
- -6000 -301: The file is no longer present at the location you are searching in.
- -6147: Your Windows backup is causing you problems.
- -6130: Your Windows Firewall is poorly configured.
- In case your data is damaged.
- Damage to your core data files.
- Corruption in your Windows Registry.
- Errors while installing your software.
- Issues while updating QuickBooks.
- Your Firewall port settings are badly configured.
- There is no access to the Database manager.
- Other errors that could occur in multi-user environments.
- All your vendor lists are empty.
- Your customer lists are missing crucial elements.
- A bug with your list of employees.
- You suspect there is a trojan or a malware present.
Please take note:
- The QuickBooks File Doctor is the first application you should use while attempting to troubleshoot any errors you face. It is the most recommended method, as it eliminates many possibilities such as software or operating system glitches.
- While using the QuickBooks multi-user mode, you could come across certain multi-user errors from the H series. The following are also easily resolved using the application.
- The H series of errors usually only occurs in when multiple users are trying to access the same company file over a shared network, leading to file corruption.
- Some errors have a pre-configured solution, and the resolution process for them is automatic. In case you wish to do this, simply open the QuickBooks File Doctor and click on the Start button.
Many pros, but here are a few cons:
- You will need Administrator credentials in order to access it.
- Your internet connection should not face issues, and should run smoothly.
- Your company file should not take up space exceeding 2GB of data.
- The File Doctor might malfunction in you have more than one version of QuickBooks loaded into your system. The most recommended usage method is to make sure that only a singular installation of QuickBooks exists on your PC.
- Make sure that your QuickBooks is fully update, as the File Doctor might malfunction with older versions present on your system
- There is no version of the QuickBooks File Doctor available for the Mac – it has only been configured to work for the Windows versions, and faces compatibility issues on Apple manufactured machines.
How to use the QuickBooks File Doctor?
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Take precautions to not open the corrupted file yet, wait.
- Select the File option.
- Click on Utilities, then go to the option which says Repair File and Network Problems.
- You should come across a window on your screen that requests your permission to gather you private QuickBooks information, to correctly diagnose your issue. Make completely sure that your click on Yes before clicking the Continue button. In case this window does not appear, there is no cause to worry – simply move on to the next step.
- Click Browse.
- Browse to location of your company file on your PC and then Open it.
- Click on Show Advanced Settings, and you should find a drop-down menu.
- You will be provided with a list of fixes to choose from. Select the best fix to match the issue you are facing.
- Use your QuickBooks Login ID and Password to progress with the procedure.
- Click on Next.
- The QuickBooks File Doctor should open if you successfully got to here.
- Wait while the application diagnoses your file, it could take several minutes.
- Try and reopen your company file, which should be fully repaired.
Your issue should resolve itself!
Again, remember to be patient, as it could take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour, depending on how large your company file is, as well as how difficult your error is to diagnose. While it could take some time, the File Doctor should easily be able to resolve your company file issues and connectivity errors.
In case your issue has still not been resolved, you are welcome to contact the QuickBooks Technical Support.
Hope this helps!