Many of us must have heard the word “barrier isolator system” or something related to it. But only a few people know what it is, where it is used and how does it work. This isolator system is important equipment or device that finds their wide application in research centres and pharmaceutical industries.
It is basically a device that is used for providing air overpressure and physical barrier between the work process and exterior clean room environment. There’s a long list of applications and usages of this isolator system that makes them an ideal device for research applications, medicines discovery and many more. In this content, we are going to emphasize it in a discreet manner. Let’s check out some of the important applications of this isolator system:
- One of the most important applications of this system is that it is ideal for various aseptic compounding usages in pharmacy. It is specially designed in order to provide continuous isolation to the inside area of the isolator from the outside room environment.
- This sort of pharmaceutical device is widely used in hospitals and labs. The main purpose of using this system is that it helps in ensuring a maintained environment which is germ and contamination free during medicine processing. This helps in safeguarding those patients who will later make use of medicines and drugs.
- Along with this, barrier isolator system is also well suited to be used in clinics and hospitals for effective and proper handling of hazardous materials. These materials can be I.V, CSPs, chemotherapy agents and many other important medicines. Sometimes, handling this material can be harmful to the pharmacist, thus, isolator system is used in hospitals.
- Medicine filling is another important use of the isolator system. This system is mainly preferred for providing aseptic and germ-free environment while filling medicines.
- Operator’s safety is another reason for using this isolator system. The application of this system provides excellent safety and protection to the operators from potent products and hazardous chemicals. Because of this reason, it is immensely used in research centers, hospitals, and pharmaceutical industries.
- In this isolator system, the operator is provided with a complete barrier that not only protects them but also prevents the materials being manipulated in the entire work area.
- Last but not least, this system is becoming important for pharmaceutical industries because of its high efficiency and product’s quality. It also makes sure to perform fast bio-decontamination cycles, bottle capping and medicine filling in the contamination-free environment along with complete isolation.
Along with this, easy installation, high operational fluency, cost reduction, and product quality are some of the important factors that make people use this isolator system in different places.
Barrier isolator system has got acceptance in the medical sector, hospitals, clinics, and research labs because of a number of applications related to it. This system is well suited to provide isolation to the inside area from the outside environment. Along with this, it is also used for medicine filling and handling hazardous materials and providing safety to the operators. And therefore the significance of isolator cannot be circumvented.