There is no question that L.A can be a pricey place to visit, whether you’re staying in an RV rental or chilling at a hotel. The good news is that there are ways to enjoy the city without breaking the bank.
If you’re a budget traveler seeing the country in your RV rental, you don’t have to stress about spending too much while visiting Los Angeles. We know some ways to avoid overspending and how to enjoy the city while on a budget.
Here are some of our best tips for exploring the city of angels on a budget:
- Look for special passes for the amusement parks. If you’re looking for fun things to do with your kids, you may want to consider the parks in the area. Granted, they may be a bit pricey but you can find some options that help you to spend less in the long run. For example, a yearly pass can be a good alternative, especially if you know that you’ll be back again with the kids. The prices for more long-term passes can actually help you save a lot of money.
- Enjoy the abundance of hiking trails and parks in the area. What is cool about Los Angeles is that you can have plenty of opportunity for enjoying the outdoors for free while also getting some great views of the city. From Glendale Peak Trail Head to Palisades Park, there are several great places that you should visit if you want to enjoy great parks and amazing city vistas.
- Shop at farmer markets. If you’re about enjoying good food but don’t want to overspend on eating out, shop at the local weekend farmer markets. This way, you get to enjoy some local produce while also enjoying the L.A vibe while you’re shopping.
- The gardens are lovely. While some places only have one botanical garden to admire, Los Angeles boasts of quite a few of them. From Descanso Gardens to UCLA Mildred E. Mathias Botanical Garden and James Irvine Japanese Gardens, there is an abundance of gardens to explore.
- Eat seafood in Malibu. Of course, reading the words seafood and Malibu, you must be thinking we’re crazy but you can actually find excellent options for seafood that is affordable and delectable. Not only will you enjoy the food but Malibu is always a beautiful place to visit.
- Admire the street art at Abbot Kinney Blvd in Venice. You don’t have to spend money to look at street art and Abbot Kinney Blvd. is full of it. If you’re looking for a great photo opportunity in Venice, this is the place that you want to go to, both for a great Instagram post and also to admire the talent of the artists who have left their mark on this area.
- Visit the Santa Monica Pier Aquarium for only 5 bucks. You’ll probably make it out to the Santa Monica Pier. It’s a very popular spot for tourists but if you want to do something different, visit the aquarium. It’s only 5 bucks and if you’re traveling with your kids, it can be a lot of fun.
- Go to Griffith Park. The Griffith Park Observatory is already great for the observatory but the grounds are worth exploring. It’s a beautiful spot with some of the most iconic views of Los Angeles. If you’re looking for fun things to do on a budget, this is certainly something you should put on your list.
- Check out the Hollywood Walk of Fame. If you want to do something that many people think is a must do while in Los Angeles, well then go check out the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Free and a fun thing to do, it’s one way to see the stars while in Los Angeles. This is a highly-visited area so you may find a lot of people and crowds. Try visiting earlier before the lazier tourists get out the door.
If you’re looking for things to do while in Los Angeles, these are just a few ideas for a fun and cheap experience. Another way that you can also cut back on spending while in the city is to look for cheap eats in the area. While there are a lot of expensive restaurants in Los Angeles, there are some affordable choices that will be just as delectable.
Los Angeles offers so much to do and will be a fun experience, whether you have a big budget to spend or are counting your pennies while trying to see the country. If you’re ready to visit Los Angeles in your RV rental, the above experiences are either free or low-cost, so rest assured that you can have fun while in the city, even if you’re traveling on a budget.